To judge from the chairman's speech to Lloyd's annual general meeting on 18 June, you would think that everything in the garden was rosy. Chairman Lord Levene said: "We began 2002 with speculation that our industry, and Lloyd's in particular, might collapse. But against this dark sky, Lloyd's has been a beacon of light. We have defied the doomsayers. And we have done more than that; we have flourished."
Certainly, Lloyd's has emerged successfully from 11 September, the largest single loss it
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017