The insurance industry has reiterated its call for reform of the compensation system following the pleural plaques decision.
Nick Starling, director of general insurance, Association of British Insurers (ABI) said: "The judgment is a stark warning to claims firms who seek to exploit the current compensation system by raising expectations of the public.
"The Government intends to regulate these firms but they should do so quickly so that people who believe they are entitled to compensation get
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies