The insurance industry has reiterated its call for reform of the compensation system following the pleural plaques decision.
Nick Starling, director of general insurance, Association of British Insurers (ABI) said: "The judgment is a stark warning to claims firms who seek to exploit the current compensation system by raising expectations of the public.
"The Government intends to regulate these firms but they should do so quickly so that people who believe they are entitled to compensation get
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties