The insurance industry has reiterated its call for reform of the compensation system following the pleural plaques decision.
Nick Starling, director of general insurance, Association of British Insurers (ABI) said: "The judgment is a stark warning to claims firms who seek to exploit the current compensation system by raising expectations of the public.
"The Government intends to regulate these firms but they should do so quickly so that people who believe they are entitled to compensation get
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda