A trend would appear to be developing - a number of insurers are exiting the equine insurance market, preferring instead to concentrate on small commercial risks, which can be written in volume as a neat package.
Equine is, consequently, following the path of pet cover, with direct writers dominating.
So - why should you 'buck' the market? Firstly, opportunities still exist for the focused broker - and the rewards are excellent, with plenty of cross-selling opportunities. In broad terms, your
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Circle expands again in 2018