Mobile phones could prove the surprise secret weapon in the battle against insurance fraud, say experts. James Pinder, partner at Northern law firm Ricksons Solicitors, said: "Fraudsters involved in crashes - many of which they deliberately cause - will later exaggerate the damage and claim money for events that never happen. Taking a photograph of the scene with a mobile is a straightforward exercise which records the simply truth."
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa