Insurance brokers have a duty to report all circumstances which may lead to a future claim on their professional indemnity (PI) policy.
It is vitally important to comply with this duty as the policies are annually renewable, operate on a claims-made basis and have notification conditions which can be onerous. If a broker does not report a particular circumstance and it later leads to a claim, the insurers may not be liable to meet the claim.
If renewal takes place between the circumstance occu
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income