Errors & omissions (E&O) insurance is a strange class of business and everyone has a slightly different view of how it should be construed.
But perhaps the clearest definition of all comes from Peter Matson, chief executive of Novae Underwriting, who says: "E&O and professional indemnity (PI) are one and the same - the reason E&O is not PI is that you are insuring someone who offers advice as part of their job, but that is not their job."
This covers anyone from accident prevention consultants
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018