Errors & omissions (E&O) insurance is a strange class of business and everyone has a slightly different view of how it should be construed.
But perhaps the clearest definition of all comes from Peter Matson, chief executive of Novae Underwriting, who says: "E&O and professional indemnity (PI) are one and the same - the reason E&O is not PI is that you are insuring someone who offers advice as part of their job, but that is not their job."
This covers anyone from accident prevention consultants
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa