Zurich-owned Oak Underwriting has updated its household product to include more cyber cover as standard.
The insurer explained that cyber crime and cyber legal defence protection had been added to the existing cyber assistance cover.
The policy now protects against losses from fraud, telephone hacking and ransom resulting from a cyber attack.
Oak added that in addition it would pay costs and expenses to defend legal rights arising from a claim as a result of a data privacy breach, virus
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews