Zurich-owned Oak Underwriting has updated its household product to include more cyber cover as standard.
The insurer explained that cyber crime and cyber legal defence protection had been added to the existing cyber assistance cover.
The policy now protects against losses from fraud, telephone hacking and ransom resulting from a cyber attack.
Oak added that in addition it would pay costs and expenses to defend legal rights arising from a claim as a result of a data privacy breach, virus
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders