▶ What’s the history of Hazelton Mountford?
Gordon: We set up from scratch in 2008 and on 1 July celebrated our tenth anniversary. When we started it was just me and one assistant and a few months afterwards Jake joined us.
A bit later Simeon Chapman also came on board. I own 51% of the business, Jake 30% and Simeon 12%. My wife has some too.
The business is split into three companies from this office. We’ve got the general commercial broker which is the majority of the business, a small IFA
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba