It would be tempting to sum up the analysis of the figures supplied by the Top 100 with just one word: consolidation. But that would be wrong.
There are in fact several threads that weave together to create what can only be described as a successful year for the participants.Consolidation
The first is indeed consolidation. It is a topic that has never been far from the headlines during the past 12 months. The current wave of buying is clearly growing in force.
The figures show that those
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand