Pen Underwriting has partnered with Markel International to focus on the equestrian market.
The agreement will see Markel provide expertise and capacity for up to £25m in premiums over the next three years for Pen’s products.
The new partnership takes effect 1 May 2017.
Seb Simmonds, commercial director of Pen Underwriting Delegated Solutions, said: “The equestrian market presents unique risks and challenges due to the diversity of activities undertaken in the different disciplines.
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform