Pen Underwriting has partnered with Markel International to focus on the equestrian market.
The agreement will see Markel provide expertise and capacity for up to £25m in premiums over the next three years for Pen’s products.
The new partnership takes effect 1 May 2017.
Seb Simmonds, commercial director of Pen Underwriting Delegated Solutions, said: “The equestrian market presents unique risks and challenges due to the diversity of activities undertaken in the different disciplines.
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam