Bristol is an independent place. It has an independent mayor, one who is actively seeking to gain greater freedoms and devolved powers for the city. A walk around its streets reveals that there are a striking number of independent shops and cafes, compared with the ubiquitous Starbucks and Topshops of other UK towns.
It is also a sizeable insurance market, on a par with Leeds or Cardiff in terms of being a centre of the industry for the surrounding areas.
So is the insurance sector in Bristo
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- Blog: Escape of water – a summer time risk?