Bristol is an independent place. It has an independent mayor, one who is actively seeking to gain greater freedoms and devolved powers for the city. A walk around its streets reveals that there are a striking number of independent shops and cafes, compared with the ubiquitous Starbucks and Topshops of other UK towns.
It is also a sizeable insurance market, on a par with Leeds or Cardiff in terms of being a centre of the industry for the surrounding areas.
So is the insurance sector in
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR