Bristol is an independent place. It has an independent mayor, one who is actively seeking to gain greater freedoms and devolved powers for the city. A walk around its streets reveals that there are a striking number of independent shops and cafes, compared with the ubiquitous Starbucks and Topshops of other UK towns.
It is also a sizeable insurance market, on a par with Leeds or Cardiff in terms of being a centre of the industry for the surrounding areas.
So is the insurance sector in Bristo
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards