Bristol is an independent place. It has an independent mayor, one who is actively seeking to gain greater freedoms and devolved powers for the city. A walk around its streets reveals that there are a striking number of independent shops and cafes, compared with the ubiquitous Starbucks and Topshops of other UK towns.
It is also a sizeable insurance market, on a par with Leeds or Cardiff in terms of being a centre of the industry for the surrounding areas.
So is the insurance sector in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click