The purchase of Northern Ireland-based broker Hughes Insurance by Liberty Mutual, reported exclusively by Insurance Age, raised some eyebrows last month.
Rumours of an intended sale had been floating around the market for several months, with RSA named as one previous serious contender.
The more surprising element of the deal was the fact that Liberty is to become lead underwriter for the broker.
According to Patrick O’Brien, CEO of Liberty Insurance, the provider will write the “vast majority”
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017