Statistics from various insurance-preferred suppliers indicate that the average level of underinsurance currently ranges from 50-60%.
Although the number of claims received by insurers has fallen, the cost of UK fire losses in 2008 were the highest recorded, standing at £1.27bn (£865m commercial properties), a 16% increase on 2007's figures.
To ensure business continuity, the importance of establishing adequate levels of cover, especially in the current climate, cannot be underestimated and is
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty