Amazon has discussed how it could enter home insurance market according to reports.
The Information stated that that the retailer had plotted how it could come into home insurance as a part of the work it already does on robotics and connected devices.
The publication suggested that smart devices could be used to alert homeowners to threats before they happen and therefore lead to lower premiums.
Amazon already offers connected home devices such as the Alexa and Echo.
Insurance Age revealed
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform