Amazon has discussed how it could enter home insurance market according to reports.
The Information stated that that the retailer had plotted how it could come into home insurance as a part of the work it already does on robotics and connected devices.
The publication suggested that smart devices could be used to alert homeowners to threats before they happen and therefore lead to lower premiums.
Amazon already offers connected home devices such as the Alexa and Echo.
Insurance Age revealed
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected