Amazon has discussed how it could enter home insurance market according to reports.
The Information stated that that the retailer had plotted how it could come into home insurance as a part of the work it already does on robotics and connected devices.
The publication suggested that smart devices could be used to alert homeowners to threats before they happen and therefore lead to lower premiums.
Amazon already offers connected home devices such as the Alexa and Echo.
Insurance Age revealed
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Stanhope Cooper drops Open GI
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Applied report shows UK brokers ahead of digital curve
- Turnover up at Alan Boswell