Amazon has discussed how it could enter home insurance market according to reports.
The Information stated that that the retailer had plotted how it could come into home insurance as a part of the work it already does on robotics and connected devices.
The publication suggested that smart devices could be used to alert homeowners to threats before they happen and therefore lead to lower premiums.
Amazon already offers connected home devices such as the Alexa and Echo.
Insurance Age revealed
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing