The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned that Close Brothers has been cloned.
Scammers have been targeting consumers in the UK, pretending to be from the merchant banking group.
It is understood that Close Brothers Premium Finance, which is a subsidiary, is not affected.
According to the regulator, fraudsters may be using Close Brothers’ real details, such as the name and its FCA reference number, to convince people that they work for an authorised firm.
The regulator further
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- The Blog Spot: RIP Jelf, hello Marsh Commercial - what's in a broking brand?
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management