A recent speech by Karina McTeague, the FCA’s director of general insurance and conduct specialists supervision, at the Biba Conference on 15 May 2019 has sparked interesting conversation throughout the industry. McTeague highlighted two areas of particular importance to insurance brokers and the insurance industry more widely.
First, McTeague drew comparisons between the banking sector and the insurance industry. It is difficult for insurance firms to understand and apply the expectations the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?