Industry analyst Quocirca found that only half of financial services organisations, with a large section of those questioned being brokers and insurers, had a system in place that was able to identify and classify different types of data - meaning they could not tell whether an outgoing email contained sensitive information.
Furthermore, it showed that just 25% had deployed any form of data loss prevention software.
Senior analyst at Quocirca, Bob Tarzey, said the findings were puzzling given
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018