Industry analyst Quocirca found that only half of financial services organisations, with a large section of those questioned being brokers and insurers, had a system in place that was able to identify and classify different types of data - meaning they could not tell whether an outgoing email contained sensitive information.
Furthermore, it showed that just 25% had deployed any form of data loss prevention software.
Senior analyst at Quocirca, Bob Tarzey, said the findings were puzzling given th
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards