Industry analyst Quocirca found that only half of financial services organisations, with a large section of those questioned being brokers and insurers, had a system in place that was able to identify and classify different types of data - meaning they could not tell whether an outgoing email contained sensitive information.
Furthermore, it showed that just 25% had deployed any form of data loss prevention software.
Senior analyst at Quocirca, Bob Tarzey, said the findings were puzzling given th
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa