“The main business dealt with by the shops is insurance renewal. With most people preferring to use the phones these days, the stores only deal with 20% of our business, and it is declining.” These words were reported by myself – then a cub reporter, a month into my career on Insurance Age’s sister title Post – in 1998 in reference to an AA spokesman commenting on the closure of all 142 of its shops, two years after shutting 100. Tensions I dug this out to illustrate that tensions between high
- Moneysupermarket.com fined £80,000 by Information Commissioner’s Office
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- FCA proposes to extend the senior management regime to more firms
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Marmalade launches new young driver policy
- InsurTech Futures: CDL set to launch chatbot solution