Autonet Insurance Services has sold a majority stake to Towergate-backer HPS Investment Partners.
The UK based online-focused insurance broker, specialising in van and car insurance, delivered gross written premiums in excess of £130m in 2015 and employs over 700 people at its office in Stoke-on-Trent and has 340,000 live policies.
For the full year ended 31 December 2014 its operating profit grew to £9.5m (2013: £8.4m) while profit on ordinary activities before tax reached £9.5m (2013: £8.3m).
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit