Autonet Insurance Services has sold a majority stake to Towergate-backer HPS Investment Partners.
The UK based online-focused insurance broker, specialising in van and car insurance, delivered gross written premiums in excess of £130m in 2015 and employs over 700 people at its office in Stoke-on-Trent and has 340,000 live policies.
For the full year ended 31 December 2014 its operating profit grew to £9.5m (2013: £8.4m) while profit on ordinary activities before tax reached £9.5m (2013: £8.3m).
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings