Autonet Insurance Services has sold a majority stake to Towergate-backer HPS Investment Partners.
The UK based online-focused insurance broker, specialising in van and car insurance, delivered gross written premiums in excess of £130m in 2015 and employs over 700 people at its office in Stoke-on-Trent and has 340,000 live policies.
For the full year ended 31 December 2014 its operating profit grew to £9.5m (2013: £8.4m) while profit on ordinary activities before tax reached £9.5m (2013: £8.3m).
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change