The average cost of motor insurance has dropped to its lowest level since 2017, slipping to £466 for Q1 2019 according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) latest Motor Insurance Premium Tracker.
The ABI claimed the survey is the only assessment to look at the price consumers actually pay for their cover instead of quotes.
The Tracker also revealed that since the previous quarter the average premium fell by £15, the biggest quarter on quarter decline for about six years and the fourth
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders