The emphasis insurtech start-ups place on making life easier for customers must be keeping some brokers awake at night. After all, customer-centricity is traditional broker turf. But, while insurtech itself might be shiny and new the issue it creates for brokers isn't. The growth of comparison sites made the old way of buying personal lines insurance a distant memory. Visiting a local high street broker for car or home cover, or thumbing through a dog-eared copy of the Yellow Pages seems archaic
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Higos makes 2016 loss but turnover grows
- Flood Re targets broker distribution
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- InsurTech Futures: Brokers urged not to sit on the side-lines
- Applied Systems reveals BHIB as second Epic user in UK