The new CEO of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Andrew Bailey, has signalled he will have a softer approach than his predecessor Martin Wheatley, according to the Financial Times.
Wheatley's famous line that he would "shoot first and ask questions later" was met at the time with concern among people in the insurance sector.
"We're not going to be doing that," Bailey told the Financial Times European Financial Forum in Dublin.
He added: "Shooting first and asking questions later is somethin
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- The Blog Spot: An alternative broker manifesto - my 2018 pettifogging petition
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services