The decision followed a report from the Legal Services Board advising this course of action. However it went against the advice of Lord Justice Jackson, despite Justice Secretary Ken Clarke promising his recommendations would be implemented in full.
Personal injury solicitor John Spencer has slammed the decision arguing that this "botched approach will undermine the aim to reform civil justice in the UK".
Mr Spencer, director of CS2 Lawyers, said: "Instead of seizing the opportunity to tackle one
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020