A "misunderstanding" at the Financial Services Authority (FSA) may have allowed fraudulent broker Neil McKay to continue operating as Ideal Insurance and defrauding his clients.
The Lancashire-based broker was recently banned by the regulator for cancelling contracts of insurance without customers' knowledge and failing to pass on premium payments from customers to other intermediaries or insurers.
However, it has emerged that the FSA had been warned it was possible that fraud was being committed
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product