Brokers have called on the industry to sort out, once and for all, the continued confusion over how, and when, it is acceptable for a broker to take over another broker's client.
There is presently no accepted industry standard that insurers follow, a situation that is resulting in confusion over commissions, outstanding premiums and claims.
One broker told Insurance Age that in a recent and typical case, after receiving a strong introduction to a potential client, it was issued with a letter
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups