The European Commission has decided to launch infringement procedures against the 10 European Union (EU) member states that are yet to implement the Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD).
The European Federation of Insurance Intermediaries - known as BIPAR - has been lobbying the European authorities for several years to adopt binding rules for intermediaries at EU level.
The Commission has now sent so-called "reasoned opinions" to the countries which have yet to adopt the directives nearly 10 m
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five