Independent brokers are being urged to join calls for UK insurers to review their commission arrangements and adopt a more transparent approach.
This comes in the wake of the Eliot Spitzer inquiry in the US which has seen both brokers and insurers accused of kick-backs and bid-rigging.
One independent UK broker is campaigning for brokers to use the focus on contingent commissions to push for the same rights as the networks and 'super provincial' brokers. The broker, who did not wish to be name
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017