Independent brokers are being urged to join calls for UK insurers to review their commission arrangements and adopt a more transparent approach.
This comes in the wake of the Eliot Spitzer inquiry in the US which has seen both brokers and insurers accused of kick-backs and bid-rigging.
One independent UK broker is campaigning for brokers to use the focus on contingent commissions to push for the same rights as the networks and 'super provincial' brokers. The broker, who did not wish to be
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK