The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has staved off the threat of mandatory commission disclosure after securing an agreement with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to work towards a market solution.
The decision comes after what head of compliance and training at Biba, Steve White, described as a "torturous" three-year process.
"The final touches are being made to the solution with the aim of achieving Industry Guidance status," said Mr White. "The FSA is giving our sector a fin
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti