The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has staved off the threat of mandatory commission disclosure after securing an agreement with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to work towards a market solution.
The decision comes after what head of compliance and training at Biba, Steve White, described as a "torturous" three-year process.
"The final touches are being made to the solution with the aim of achieving Industry Guidance status," said Mr White. "The FSA is giving our sector a fin
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData