The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has staved off the threat of mandatory commission disclosure after securing an agreement with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to work towards a market solution.
The decision comes after what head of compliance and training at Biba, Steve White, described as a "torturous" three-year process.
"The final touches are being made to the solution with the aim of achieving Industry Guidance status," said Mr White. "The FSA is giving our sector a
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019