The Financial Services Authority (FSA), speaking in the run-up to the 13 July application deadline, has warned brokers that it plans to take a pro-active approach and seek out and identify those that have not applied for authorisation.
It also admitted that it has failed to reach the vast number of retailers that have still not realised they also need to be authorised - and has called on brokers to help it spread the message.
An FSA spokesman told Insurance Age it plans to gather intelligence
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK