The Financial Services Authority (FSA), speaking in the run-up to the 13 July application deadline, has warned brokers that it plans to take a pro-active approach and seek out and identify those that have not applied for authorisation.
It also admitted that it has failed to reach the vast number of retailers that have still not realised they also need to be authorised - and has called on brokers to help it spread the message.
An FSA spokesman told Insurance Age it plans to gather intelligence
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti