The Financial Services Authority (FSA), speaking in the run-up to the 13 July application deadline, has warned brokers that it plans to take a pro-active approach and seek out and identify those that have not applied for authorisation.
It also admitted that it has failed to reach the vast number of retailers that have still not realised they also need to be authorised - and has called on brokers to help it spread the message.
An FSA spokesman told Insurance Age it plans to gather intelligence
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData