Brokers have accused their trade bodies of not doing enough to raise their concerns regarding the Goodwill issue, and of not challenging the Financial Services Authority (FSA) sufficiently about the implementation of the new rules.
The Goodwill rule change, scheduled to come into effect in January 2008, will mean that broking firms will no longer be allowed to list Goodwill as an asset on their balance sheets.
There are several possible solutions to the problem - such as setting up a holding
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products