Brokers have accused their trade bodies of not doing enough to raise their concerns regarding the Goodwill issue, and of not challenging the Financial Services Authority (FSA) sufficiently about the implementation of the new rules.
The Goodwill rule change, scheduled to come into effect in January 2008, will mean that broking firms will no longer be allowed to list Goodwill as an asset on their balance sheets.
There are several possible solutions to the problem - such as setting up a holding c
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData