Brokers have accused their trade bodies of not doing enough to raise their concerns regarding the Goodwill issue, and of not challenging the Financial Services Authority (FSA) sufficiently about the implementation of the new rules.
The Goodwill rule change, scheduled to come into effect in January 2008, will mean that broking firms will no longer be allowed to list Goodwill as an asset on their balance sheets.
There are several possible solutions to the problem - such as setting up a holding c
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall