Graeme Trudgill, technical services manager at Biba, commented: “This is a knee jerk reaction from some direct insurers and is somewhat opportunistic. The market for home insurance is very competitive.
“Insurers and the insurance market have responded well to the recent floods. It is important now that insurers concentrate on the flood claims and the Government commits to improving flood defences.
“Consumers should be aware that they can obtain alternative quotes from an insurance broker who
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product