Graeme Trudgill, technical services manager at Biba, commented: “This is a knee jerk reaction from some direct insurers and is somewhat opportunistic. The market for home insurance is very competitive.
“Insurers and the insurance market have responded well to the recent floods. It is important now that insurers concentrate on the flood claims and the Government commits to improving flood defences.
“Consumers should be aware that they can obtain alternative quotes from an insurance broker who
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal