The Ministry of Justice’s first annual report said that better regulation has significantly reduced cold calling in person, which includes the practice of ‘clipboarding’ - knocking on doors and aggressively approaching people in shopping centres.
Unauthorised advertising and marketing in hospitals have also been almost entirely removed.
Bridget Prentice, MP, Ministry of Justice, said: “The regulation has put in place vital safeguards for consumers when using the services of claims management
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData