This could be bad news for the insurance sector, according to law firm Browne Jacobson, which could be forced to make payments that it has been holding back for several months.
Last week’s case, known as Corbett v Gaskin, saw His Honour Judge Charles Harris QC decide in favour of Accident Exchange.
Since mid to late 2006 some insurers have been withholding payments to the credit hire organisation arguing the contracts governing them were unenforceable.
It was the insurers' contention that co
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall