This could be bad news for the insurance sector, according to law firm Browne Jacobson, which could be forced to make payments that it has been holding back for several months.
Last week’s case, known as Corbett v Gaskin, saw His Honour Judge Charles Harris QC decide in favour of Accident Exchange.
Since mid to late 2006 some insurers have been withholding payments to the credit hire organisation arguing the contracts governing them were unenforceable.
It was the insurers' contention that
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018