Brokers were given a welcome surprise last month in the form of a reduction in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) levy for 2014/2015.
The government body reduced the cost for insurance intermediaries to £38m, down from the indicative levy, forecast in January of this year, of £62m. The total levy was reduced from an indicative figure of £313m to £276m.
Drop in PPI claims
Mark Neale, chief executive at the FSCS, said the reduction was due to a predicted downward trend of payment pr
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall