The rising cost of professional indemnity (PI) cover for brokers has thrown up a range of new challenges for firms.
In recent years some medium-sized brokers have seen their PI premium spend increase fourfold with many having to pay up to £5000 to ensure adequate cover.
Over the last 12 months alone, some rates quoted have doubled. It is a far cry from the pre-Financial Services Authority days when PI cover for general insurance brokers wasn’t even compulsory.
The UK economy’s collapse into
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017