The rising cost of professional indemnity (PI) cover for brokers has thrown up a range of new challenges for firms.
In recent years some medium-sized brokers have seen their PI premium spend increase fourfold with many having to pay up to £5000 to ensure adequate cover.
Over the last 12 months alone, some rates quoted have doubled. It is a far cry from the pre-Financial Services Authority days when PI cover for general insurance brokers wasn’t even compulsory.
The UK economy’s collapse into
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly