Perhaps it is only journalists that get overly worked up about words. When Swinton sacks 120 people, it is not jobs that are being lost, it is people losing their jobs.
The difference may at first glance appear slight but to me it is important.
Which is why it was so refreshing to see Markerstudy and Brightside slugging it out in a no-holds barred press-release fest this week about a possible takeover.
Markerstudy leads with a right: we are cutting our bid by over £20m and we want a bid
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners