Perhaps it is only journalists that get overly worked up about words. When Swinton sacks 120 people, it is not jobs that are being lost, it is people losing their jobs.
The difference may at first glance appear slight but to me it is important.
Which is why it was so refreshing to see Markerstudy and Brightside slugging it out in a no-holds barred press-release fest this week about a possible takeover.
Markerstudy leads with a right: we are cutting our bid by over £20m and we want a bid dead
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017