Perhaps it is only journalists that get overly worked up about words. When Swinton sacks 120 people, it is not jobs that are being lost, it is people losing their jobs.
The difference may at first glance appear slight but to me it is important.
Which is why it was so refreshing to see Markerstudy and Brightside slugging it out in a no-holds barred press-release fest this week about a possible takeover.
Markerstudy leads with a right: we are cutting our bid by over £20m and we want a bid dead
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover