The legislation poses real potential liability issues for businesses, most of which are not covered by standard PL or property insurance, and presents both great opportunities and real threats for brokers.
There is already case law (Bartoline v RSA), suggesting that if an insured client reports a pollution or environmental claim to their broker, which may be excluded under the policy the broker arranged, then the broker may have a responsibility. While some brokers appreciate this, from our
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?