Rates have remained fairly stable for the past few years. Where once we had boom and bust, we now seem to have some solidity and certainty. Enough fingers were sufficiently badly burned in the flames of past price wars to prompt a return to underwriting for profit. Underwriting for profit. Who'd have thought it?
But this is not the time to start growing complacent. In 2004 motor insurers collectively had their best year for a very long time - but they still forked out over £101 in claims and
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?