Risk managers don't avoid risks, they manage them. Organisations thatmanage risks well avoid the downside if a risk becomes an actual problem -and such organisations are best placed to benefit from the upside of anyrisk-created change.
However, at present, significant sectors of humankind appear to be skewingtowards the practice of risk avoidance.
Last year at the Airmic conference, Professor Frank Furedi suggested thatbelief in the uninsurability of 'intentional risks' - including thethreats
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey