Risk managers don't avoid risks, they manage them. Organisations thatmanage risks well avoid the downside if a risk becomes an actual problem -and such organisations are best placed to benefit from the upside of anyrisk-created change.
However, at present, significant sectors of humankind appear to be skewingtowards the practice of risk avoidance.
Last year at the Airmic conference, Professor Frank Furedi suggested thatbelief in the uninsurability of 'intentional risks' - including thethreats
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?