The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has called on the government to review its funding for flood defences and relief schemes, in a bid to maintain affordable rates.
In response to the government's Flooding: Lessons Learned Review, Biba also pointed out that brokers played a key role in the measurement, management, control and transfer of risk.
Eric Galbraith, chief executive at Biba, said: "Government commitments on flood defences and improving existing drainage systems need to be su
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal