A study into how firms perceive risk has found that there are oftenfundamental differences between a company's risk manager and its financialexecutives.
The research, by insurer FM Global, found that many major firms are overlyinfluenced by the 'threat of the day' rather than by longer-term risks totheir business.
The company's 2003 report, Protecting Value, suggested there were cleardifferences of opinion between financial executives and risk managers asto the greatest threats to revenue
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal