The government is considering increased regulation of all aggregators, according to a letter written by Greg Clark MP, secretary of state for the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
The letter, dated 17 June 2019, was written as part of a wider response to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) recommendations on the ‘loyalty penalty’ in pricing. The CMA had previously supported the super-complaint made by Citizens Advice.
With reference to reports published by the CMA
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues