The government is considering increased regulation of all aggregators, according to a letter written by Greg Clark MP, secretary of state for the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
The letter, dated 17 June 2019, was written as part of a wider response to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) recommendations on the ‘loyalty penalty’ in pricing. The CMA had previously supported the super-complaint made by Citizens Advice.
With reference to reports published by the CMA
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers