Director of supervision at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Jonathan Davidson, has slammed clone brokers as ”hideous and awful”.
In a speech to delegates at the Insurance Age Broker Summit Davidson said the FCA was ”trying to get on top of the issue”, particularly with regards to the clones operating on social media.
He stated that the regulator has a team which talks to internet service providers with the aim of ensuring crook websites are removed.
However he admitted that
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers