Director of supervision at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Jonathan Davidson, has slammed clone brokers as ”hideous and awful”.
In a speech to delegates at the Insurance Age Broker Summit Davidson said the FCA was ”trying to get on top of the issue”, particularly with regards to the clones operating on social media.
He stated that the regulator has a team which talks to internet service providers with the aim of ensuring crook websites are removed.
However he admitted that
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester