Director of supervision at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Jonathan Davidson, has slammed clone brokers as ”hideous and awful”.
In a speech to delegates at the Insurance Age Broker Summit Davidson said the FCA was ”trying to get on top of the issue”, particularly with regards to the clones operating on social media.
He stated that the regulator has a team which talks to internet service providers with the aim of ensuring crook websites are removed.
However he admitted that
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand