Claims management companies (CMCs) will need to give potential customers a summary document including examples of fees charged and an overview of services provided before any contract is agreed, under new proposals from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The watchdog will be taking over the regulation of CMCs on 1 April 2019 including in Scotland where they are currently unregulated.
Firms now have until April to let the FCA know of their intention to register for temporary permission and
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Stanhope Cooper drops Open GI
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Applied report shows UK brokers ahead of digital curve
- Turnover up at Alan Boswell