The instigation of GDPR regulations marks a sharp divergence in how organisations process personal data. This is significant for insurers and brokers, as customer data or profiling is essential to their core activities.
GDPR will fundamentally change the working practice for the whole insurance sector particularly brokers.
The rules aim to put control back in the hands of the data subject, and with this comes a series of reinforced individual rights. These include subject access requests
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit