The instigation of GDPR regulations marks a sharp divergence in how organisations process personal data. This is significant for insurers and brokers, as customer data or profiling is essential to their core activities.
GDPR will fundamentally change the working practice for the whole insurance sector particularly brokers.
The rules aim to put control back in the hands of the data subject, and with this comes a series of reinforced individual rights. These include subject access requests
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings