The European Council has ratified proposals to postpone the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) from 23 February to 1 October 2018.
The move follows the European Commission’s proposal to put back application of the IDD.
The Treasury announced on 2 February that it would delay the transposition of the directive, which is designed to improve consumer protection, in-line with the Commission’s recommendation to push the date back.
The European Council said in
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted