The European Council has ratified proposals to postpone the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) from 23 February to 1 October 2018.
The move follows the European Commission’s proposal to put back application of the IDD.
The Treasury announced on 2 February that it would delay the transposition of the directive, which is designed to improve consumer protection, in-line with the Commission’s recommendation to push the date back.
The European Council said in
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Revenue growth for Seventeen Group
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018