The European Council has ratified proposals to postpone the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) from 23 February to 1 October 2018.
The move follows the European Commission’s proposal to put back application of the IDD.
The Treasury announced on 2 February that it would delay the transposition of the directive, which is designed to improve consumer protection, in-line with the Commission’s recommendation to push the date back.
The European Council said in
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa