The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has confirmed that complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) have risen since the launch of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) awareness campaign in August.
The FOS stated that the number of new enquiries and complaints about PPI during July to September this year were higher by a fifth than in April to June.
However, Charlie Sweeney, lead ombudsman and director of casework for PPI, highlighted that it was too early to tell what the impact
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit