A House of Lords EU committee report has called on the European Commission to rethink details of proposals designed to extend gender equality legislation to trade in goods and services. The report said it would be wrong to penalise younger female drivers just for the sake of removing sex differentiation when younger males have far worst accident, claims and convictions records. However, insurance companies must justify use of gender as a criterion.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall