The 2007 Budget is simply the Treasury "giving with one hand, and taking with the other", according to the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba).
In this year's budget, the government has promised to remove tax barriers against individual investors in Lloyd's, and has announced major reforms to the corporate tax system by reducing the headline corporation tax rate from 30% to 28% from April 2008.
However, it has also increased the corporation tax rate for small companies from 20% this
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016