The industry was preparing to do battle this month with the FinancialServices Authority (FSA) over the thorny issue of the difference between asmall business and an individual.
The FSA's initial proposals on non-life regulation last month stated thatit wanted to provide small businesses (those with a turnover below #1m)with the same level of protection as that given to personalpolicyholders.
However, the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and the LondonMarket Brokers' Committee said
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five